May 28, 2015
I want to thank Emilia for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Her blog, Bookbug’s World, is worth taking the time to read. She incorporates lovely photographs of nature, original poems, and book reviews.
The idea behind this award is to introduce readers to new and interesting blogs. It’s a “get-to-know-you” experience. Here is what to do if you’re nominated:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Give readers 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions from the blog of the person who nominated you.
5. Nominate 5-11 bloggers for this award.
6. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I collect mini teapots and tea sets.
2. I was a Girl Scout.
3. I love being near water, i.e. the ocean.
4. I love the tea cup ride at Disneyland (or world).
5. I do the newspaper crossword every night.
6. I hate cleaning the bathroom.
7. I hate roller-coasters.
8. I love baseball.
9. I hate basketball.
10. I have several favorite colors.
11. I want to see castles in Europe.
My answers to Emilia’s questions:
1. mountains or sea…sea. Love living near the coast.
2. walk or bike…walk. I would love to ride a bike if there were no cars/trucks around.
3. sweet or salty…you have to have both to off-set the other.
4. hot/humid or warm/breezy…prefer warm/breezy, but it’s usually hot/humid here.
5. beer or wine…usually I prefer wine, but you have to have a beer with certain foods like barbeque.
6. airplane or car…prefer car, unless it’s vacation
7. city or farm…I grew up in the suburbs of Washington DC. Love visiting cities but not to live there.
8. ice cream or sherbet…ice cream–favorite is soft-serve chocolate
9. mystery or romance…I assume that refers to books Prefer mysteries to read and watch on TV, especially Father Brown, Phryne Fisher, Inspector Lewis…
10. sunbathing or hiking…I am a sun worshipper as long as I’m near the water.
11. hardcover or paperback…both. As long as I have something to read.
My nominations are:
7. Christy paws
8. Elen Grey
10. Discovering home
My questions to those I nominated:
1. Screened porch or deck?
2. Library or bookstore?
3. Movies or happy hour?
4. Grass or sand?
5. Pizza or tacos?
6. Fiction or non-fiction?
7. Sunrise or sunset?
8. Classic rock or classical?
9. Coffee, black or white?
10. Neutral colors or bright colors?
11. Flip flops or cowboy boots?
Thanks for getting to know some new blogs!